Importance Of E-Books
24/02/2021 | Olajide Sharon
Today, the online learning environment is a common option for those who have no time or inclination to spend hours in a traditional classroom. The increased availability of e-books (short for electronic books) has made online research much more convenient and affordable. Here are some of the reasons why e-books are becoming the educational standard for students.
• They are portable: You don't have to think about squeezing through a full book bag or having big texts cluttering your desk.
• Digital books accommodate more learning styles: For students who thrive on watching the video, looking at infographics or diagrams, or following with a narrator, e-books provide a more enriching experience than plain text.
• The search feature is hard to beat: All in all, this one advantage makes e-books the chosen format for many students. How many times have you scanned every page in a chapter to find a fast answer? This e-book functionality makes it incredibly easy when it comes to learning and doing homework. Plus, you can bookmark pages and take notes just as in a typical textbook.
• Online Books are more affordable: According to NBC, the average student spends $800 on books per school year. Luckily, e-books are much cheaper than conventional textbooks. It's true that for certain ebooks, you will only have access to them for a limited period of time, but despite this, digital textbooks still deliver immense savings. Some classes can also take advantage of electronic books that have been released online for free.
• Experience Online Learning at LockBook: The LockBook team work hard to make obtaining your goals a reality, and our online programs put a premium on affordability and convenience. In fact, many of our online classes utilize our Digital Bookshelf, which gives you all the required digital texts you'll need to complete your coursework—without the hassle and high cost of textbook purchasing.