Practical Religious Ethics
This piece of work, written from a Christian perspective, came as a result of the author’s years of teaching experiences in ethics and other related courses. It is aimed at discovering the relationship between religious beliefs and morality. From this angle, the book addresses the following among others:
1. How religious faith and belief system affect one’s approach to moral issues.
2. The nature of sin, how it affects human moral judgement and one’s relationship with
3. How the conscience functions in relation to an individual’s moral life.
4. The acclaimed roles of society in shaping human moral conduct.
5. The necessity of suspending human law for higher and divine laws in conflicting moral obligations.
6. Various ethical options from which moral decisions are made.
Going through the book shall equip and enable the user to:
1. Use a critical approach to the Bible in moral reflection.
2. Make decisions not on the basis of mere human reasoning, personal preferences, and feelings, but rather with a sense of obligation towards God and his words.
3. Testify/Demonstrate that facts arising from bible-based principles are indispensable in making a sound moral decision. In the same vein, that analogies from such principles should be made in issues where biblical teachings are not explicit.
The book is a great treasure for everyone who, through faith in Jesus, desires practical Christianity. The copies were, therefore, sent out with earnest prayer to challenge, transform, and spur every user to righteousness for the exaltation of our nation – Proverbs 14:34.